Tuesday, February 10, 2009

3 Year Check Up

The big three year old is weighing in at an even 30 lbs (50%) and has grown a full three inches from last year to measure in at 36 inches (40%). The doctor thought Anna was doing very well. Happy and healthy ... well sort of ... she had a little sniff in her nose today and Anna told him that there was "a bee in my nose!" The doctor also thought Anna's language skills are not quite what he would expect a girl her age to have. Pronunciation is a hard skill for her ... so she is going to go to a speech therapist at the end of the month for an evaluation. I am pretty interested to see where she actually is on the scale of language and what idea's the therapist has to help her.



One phrase that she has no problem saying is "Cheese!!" Around here if you want to take her photo you must first pose for one of hers.

1 comment:

Steph said...

She has almost caught up in size with Katie. Katie was 37in, 32lbs 2 months ago. I think that is the closest they have ever been. I think that I have an inaccurate view of Katie. I still tend to view her as the chubby baby that she used to be. And Anna as a petite little thing.