Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mommy I'm So Sorry You Hurt Me ... A Lot

First thing Anna's said to Charles this evening. Yikes!



This morning while pulling up her pants, Anna slipped on the title floor with her socks, slipped out of my hands, and landed on her face. She had quite a bit of blood on her lips (turned into a fat lip by the afternoon) and a little black eye ... totally feel like the worst parent ever.

Then this evening, Anna was bouncing on the bed (while signing the monkey song) and then over jumped. She landed on her face ... big goose egg on her forehead, nose, cheeks, ect ... I do not need more confirmation.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Awww...Accidents happen. Okay, now I have the Elmo potty song in my head. And I know it was probably a typo but Anna can jump on the bed and sign the monkey song. She is quite the multitasker!

Steph said...

Oh yeah, I meant to add before I got side tracked by catchy song tune that just on Saturday I tossed Katie her blue bear stuffed animal thinking "It's soft. I don't need to walk all the way over to her." And the only hard part of the bear, the little eyes hit her in the face and left a red mark.

Katie kept asking me "Mommy why did you throw blue bear at me and hurt my head?"

I learned a couple valuable lessons.

1) Stuffed animals are not always soft.
2) Three year olds don't understand the utility of the casual toss vs. lobbing something across the room at my head.

Traveling Jones said...

I have no stories of my own, but I have one from a friend of mine. She was carrying her 4-yr-old son into daycare downtown, when she slipped and fell on the sidewalk. There she was, with a bloody kid, and people walking by like nothing happened. The child was not seriously injured, btw. Maybe a bump on his head. She was far more worried about it than he was.

OMG. My verification word is "fackie". That's what I'm going to start calling you, Katie!

BTW. This is me. The Chicken Spider.