Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not Sleeping

Sam is a terrible sleeper. At four months the only way I can even remotely get him to sleep is to lay next to him (very close with one arm warped over his head), stroke his eye brows with the other hand, and make shuss noise until he falls a sleep. He sleeps in 15 to 30 minute increments. Sometime he will fall a sleep in the car, swing, or in the stroller. With the swing gone ... I am not sure how I will be able to get him to take indoor naps. Charles has never been able to get him to sleep and Nana has some way that only works for her. The Nana way involves holding him and then somehow getting him off her lap and sideways onto a chair. I have not really been able to replicate this. I have tried making him cry it out .. he can outlast me by about five hours. Anyway I am hoping that someone will have a good suggestion that may work for Sam ... because he is living proof that you do not need sleep to grow.

No comments: